Well........

Friday, December 15, 2006

We will miss you so much Josie...

Yesterday I had to take Josephine Bonarate Little Empress
to the vet to be helped to the rainbow bridge. Her cyst was so large
it has spread down her arm making her unable to eat and
sh had trouble breathing because it pushed on her lungs, and the tumor
on her back leg was hurting her. I fed her from hand on the last day
and Phippa and Morgan took turns sitting by her while she rested.
It never fails to amaze me the amount of empathy the rats have
for each other and now I have one more precious moment to
add to my memories.
Josie rode to the vet sitting on Kinsey's lap and boggling and chittering
to us. When we got there, the vet gave us a quite room to spend
some time with her. So Josie sat on my lap and licked me while I
groomed her. She boggled some more and foofed and snuggled.
Minutes before the vet came in she moved up my shirt and
looked straight into my eyes and stared as if to say " I love you
Momma, don't be sad. I enjoyed life with you." I would even swear
she teared, but that was probably just me. Then her vet came in
and asked if we were ready. She offered me to stay, but I couldn't.
I gave Josie a kiss and she kissed me and burrowed into her hammock
and we said goodbye.
We all miss the Little Empress and her dumbo ears. The ratlets
keep looking for her. They loved to groom her and snuggle
with "Grammie Josie". Phippa and Morgan seem to have
accepted her absence better. I miss seeing her lumbering around
the condo. Her gait had changed so much these last weeks. But
she had two extra months with the ratlets and she enjoyed
them so much. Her brother Georgie Sr is their Daddy.
Oh Josie I miss your sweet little face and gentle calm nature.


Josie this last July. She got rather camera shy
when her cyst and tumors got large. She was a
vain Little Empress, which was her right.


The Little Empress with her back to the
camera checking out the box, busy busy girl.


Famous for walking right off the ends of the furniture,
Little Empress had very light red eyes and could
not see much at all. But she always had such dignity.

May you be happy over the bridge my
Josephine Bonarate Little Empress.
~January 2005 to December 2006~
Keep them in line up there and wait for me.
~Poi Mom Jane

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We are so sorry to hear about Josie. Good thoughts, purrs, headbutts and prayers from all of us in the Oligarchy.

7:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until at length she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other. Then someone at my side says, "There, she is gone."

"Gone where?"

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side, and she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port. Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says, "There, she is gone!" there are other eyes watching her coming, and there are other voices ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!" And that is dying.


- Henry van Dyke

12:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Josie had to leave you.

2:29 PM

 
Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Oh we is so sorry about Josie.

3:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we're so sorry to hear about Josie. our Lady got leaky eyes readin' yur story.

5:11 PM

 
Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

We're so sorry. :-(

9:22 PM

 
Blogger Milton said...

I'm sorry to hear of Josie's passing. The love our special pet friends lives in our hearts forever.
She will always be with you.
---Beezer

10:02 AM

 
Blogger PrincessMia said...

I am so sorry to hear this. Special purrs to you and the fam.

10:22 AM

 
Blogger Meowers from Missouri said...

we are furry sorry to hear about this sad event. our mom leaked when she read that little josie had passed from "here" to "there". not because "there" is so bad--it's furry, furry good--but because "here" is lonesomer without josie. purrs and whisker-sleeks to you all, friends!

8:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that Josie had to go. It is always hard to say goodbye. Some day, you will say hello again.

1:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tryed to get in touch with you through email cause I was having trouble with blogger.I'm so sorry to hear about sweet Josie.Like I said in the email I sent you mommy had a pet rat when she was in high school.She said they are so sweet and gentle and
make great pets.Me and mommy send you Huggs and Purrs

8:32 AM

 
Blogger Trishymouse said...

The more fuzzy friends I lose, the more I cherish those that remain...*hugs*

10:09 PM

 
Blogger Cisje said...

I just read Josie had to go..I cried because I know how much it hurts. Josie had a wonderful life with you and I am sure that although you cannot see her anymore, her spirit is still with you somehow.
Hugs from me and all your rattie friends from the Rat's Inn.

1:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home