Monday, October 30, 2006
Bad Bunny Burns Report 30 Oct 2006
Well hello again fellow blogging buddies and my girl Bonita and her family,
It is about time I get to use the compuuuper again. I haven't done a BBBR in awhile. The rats have been hogging the machine and they don't share that well.
Aren't I cute in my new picture? (heehee)
I told Ms Mommy Morgan that I would help her answer the questions she was tagged with by Riley Dog. I'm typing as she dictates her answers:
1. FIRST NAME? Morgan
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? I don't think so
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Rats don't cry
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Hot dogs
6. KIDS? 9
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Of course
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? It a community journal
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? No
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? I'm not sure rats have tonsils
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? You bet
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? yogurt cheerios
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? shoes, hahahahahaha,
that's a good one.
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG EMOTIONALLY OR PHYSICALLY? yes
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? all flavors
16. SHOE SIZE? hahahahahaha shoes again, really, heehee
17. RED OR PINK? yes
18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? i love every little bit of myself; I'm perfect
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? 'bean Mom when she isn't home
20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? um.....
21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? pants and shoes, that's funnier than the shoe question, ahahahahahahahaha
22. LAST THING YOU ATE? macaroni and cheese with hotdogs and corn, yummmmm
23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? the fan
24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? yes
25. FAVORITE SMELL? 'bean Mom's hair after she uses peppermint shampoo
26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? yes
27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? their goolie size (I'm a rat and you did ask)
28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes, he is Rabbie's girlfriends brother and has a good blog
29. FAVORITE DRINK? water
30. FAVORITE SPORT? yes
31. EYE COLOR? Brown
32. HAT SIZE? sure
33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? yes
34. FAVORITE FOOD? all food except mushrooms
35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? no
36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AT THE MOVIES? rats cannot see well enough to watch movies
37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? hahahahahahahaha, again
38. SUMMER OR WINTER? sure
39. HUGS OR KISSES? lots of kisses and an occasional hug
40. Favorite dessert? Chocolate
41. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? me, I'm answering the questions aren't I?
42. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Ford
43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? we are getting ready to read Redwall
44. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? rats eat mice
45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? I thought I told you about being VERY nearsighted
46. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? stones are fun to play with, but so are beattles
47. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? I never leave home
48. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I am a great Mommy with super healthy ratlets, plus I'm hypercute
49. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? in a rat condo
50. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I was tagged by Riley Dog
~Morgan Le Rat
And there you have it bloggin buddies. Straight from the rat's mouth. heehee
Here is a picture of me and Morgan having a chat the other day. Our first in ages.
Bonita you are the greatest.
~Rabbie Burns, aka Mr. Gravey
Friday, October 27, 2006
The Friday Book #4.....
get to introduce a book, but also ourselves. We are
2 rescue rats Mom rescued from a pet store that
was giving us away free 'cause we were to grown
up to sell. Mom rescued us before she knew Morgan and
Georgie were having babies, but we like to think
she would have saved us anyways.
Our names are Quark and Rom and yes we are brothers.
"I am pretty mellow." brags Quark.
"Mom calls me her ADD rat becuase
I ping all over and have a habit of
falling off the couch when I'm scard." admits Rom.
But she loves us. We have not been introduced before
because we were not used to people much and not used to
flashy boxes at all, but now we are ready.
Today we want to spolight the book:
A Rat's Tale by Tor Seidler
but Kinsey finished it up on her own because
she didn't want to wait for Mom. It was very good.
Montague and Isabel are in it, but Mom says it
is not our Monty and Izzy ratlets. They are from
different sides of the wharf and from different
social backgrounds, but Monty's great artistic
talent is at first unappreciated. Then he saves
the wharf where the rich rat's live with his art work.
Amazing that one little rat could do that, but he does.
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Monday, October 23, 2006
Midnight Monday Merlin
Friday, October 20, 2006
The Friday Book #3....
The Easter Egg Artists by Adrienne Adams
also go on vacation for part of the year. The bunny
family travels around each summer in their car seeing
the sights and offering to beautify structures as they
enjoy sightseeing. Towards fall they return home and
prepare to paint Easter eggs for the next year.
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Bad Bunny Burns Report - 17 Oct 2006
Dear Worried or Nottoworried Fellow Fluffie and Nonfluffie Blogging Friends and My Girl Bonita,
Well we are all okay here in Poiland and I mean everyone. The only big hurt on anyone was a broken arm on the big island of Hawaii.
This is my Dad. He is my best bud. I don't like him holding me, but I love it when he holds my carrots. I got him to hold this one almost to the end...heehee.
On with the news. There was some shakin' on the island (Oahu), but the mostest was on Hawaii. The earthshake was just off the coast and was kinda big those scientists 'beans said, about 7.2, whatever that means. So there were some buildings with structuralproblems and some rocks slid down some hills and some glassses got broken, and some stuff likes that, but noone was really hurts, just scared.
The electricity was out for all the islands tho. They had to shut all of it down soes it wouldn't crash and then they turned it all on slowly, each house at a time I think. They said they didn'ts want to have to start over. So all the food in the cold box thingy decided to spoil and Mom haded to clean it out. I still have my carrots tho.
The best part, the 'beans said anyway, is that there was no tsooonameeees. I thought that was a picture box channel Kinsey kitten watched, but I guess not.
So all is well and I wanted to post a picture of the baby ratlest at one week. They are almost three weeks now and have their eyes open and are trampling all over the place above my head. Baby ratlets are the most curious and spastic baby animals Mom has ever seen, she said, except for 'bean toddlers. Whew poor Morgan mommy rat, no wonder she hasn't been down for tea.
Until next time,
~Rabbie Burns, aka Mr Gravey
Saturday, October 14, 2006
The Friday Book on Saturday.................
This week I (Merlin) am spolighting a book many of
you have probably heard of, Old Possum's Book of Practical
Cats, by non other than T S Eliot.
If you have seen the broadway show CATS, then
you have experienced T S Eliot's prose set to
A L Webber's music complete with prancing, dancing
cats all over the place.
However, I encourage you to read the poems as they were
written. You will be surprised at how rich and full they are
and the best edition is the one with illustrations by Edward
Gorey, because he understood cats.
The team of Eliot and Gorey shows cats like never before.
I think they are even better than Eliot and Webber, *gasp*.
Yes, you heard me correctly.
I love this book and read it often and in many, many places...
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Ko Ko's Tail.......
This is a soft fluffy slipper Mom made with her yarn and stick, but then she ran out of something or other, I'm not sure what, and couldn't finish the other one, so she gave me this one to snuggle with.
I really like it. See me smiling?
Merlin taught me how to open the stinky goodness cabinet, so now whenever Mom goes into the food room, one of us will walk over and put our paw under the door and swing it open and meow for stinky goodness. Mom just sighs.
I'm a big boy now. I can prove it because Mom bought me a collar with crystals and a BELL. Only big poodies get BELLs on their collars here. Merlin has had one forever and now I DO TOO. I'm very proud of my collar. It is purple with shiny clear crystals and it jingles everytime I walk.
~Ko Ko the younger
Monday, October 09, 2006
Bad Bunny Burns Report - 9 Oct
Dear Fellow Fluffie and Non-Fluffie Blogging Friends,
Happy Discovering Day! May you find many interesting things to chew.
Heehee I won the coin toss for blogging Mondays, so I get to start out the week.
1. Shredded bunny biscuits left all over floor right after Dad vacumed.
2. Three bites to Dad's leg while playing toss on the bed with Mom.
3. One extension cord (yes, Mom resourceful rabbits can levitate objects to within their reach)
4. One toy basket (still in progress)
5. One couch pillow, which looks much better with little bunny holes covering it.
Never fear Mighty Minion Leader Riff, I always work on my norty mionion ways.
Other than this, it has been a quiet week in Poiland. My friend Little Morgan Le Rat's ratlets are growing rapidly and although they have their apartment on top of my hutch again, they are fairly quiet. She has not been down for a chat since they have been born though and I have to admit that I miss her visits. We would have chats with bunny treats.
Until next time friends,
~Rabbie Burns, aka Mr Gravey
Friday, October 06, 2006
The Friday Book....
Mom says we are not sharing the blog enough between us so she is going to assign days for each group of animals. Friday is going to be book day where one or several of us will spotlight a book we like.
by Kate DiCamillo
Despereaux is the odd mouse out and ends up banished to the dungeon with the rats
due to his differences. He is an amazing little mouse though and nothing can get
him down for too long. The rats in the story are not shown in too friendly
of a light, but considering it is a mouse's story, this is not too surprising.
Chirascuro is a rat that yerns for the light, unlike the others.
Princess Pea, well, she's a princess, what can we say.
~Percy, Possum, & Patch Pickwick Mousepetpet
Okay, we can go now.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Bad Bunny Burns Report - 3 October 06
Hiddey Hop Blogging Neighbors:
I know it has been ages since I have blogged but I kindly let the news of the ratlets take the place of my BBBR report earlier. It is the celebration of life of course.
My Mom has been tagged by Bunny Mom and Bunny Dad who belong to Mrs. Sniffles so I have graciously agreed to lend her my speedy typing paws to help her out.
Here is her list:
· One book that changed your life: Dr. Suess' ABCs. It was in first grade and I remember it like it was yesterday
· One book that you've read more than once: The Belgariad series by David Eddings. I never get tired of it. I believe I've read it currently 4 times.
· One book you'd want on a desert island: Survival On A Desert Island for Dummies.
· One book that made you laugh: bad cat by Jim Edgar and The Doubtful Guest by Edward Gorey
· One book that made you cry: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I was 11 and devastated when the youngest sister died.
· One book that you wish you had written: Guh, The Hobbit by JRR Tolkein. Don’t we all wish our imaginations were that amazing?
· One book that you wish had never been written: None, they all need to be written, I just don’t have a desire to read just anything.
· One book you're currently reading: 9-11 by Noam Chomsky and A Shred of Evidence by Jill McGown concurrently.
· One book you've been meaning to read: The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens
Now on to bunny business. I still do not have a picture of my Bonita Chinchilla, but I have been assured that her Mom will send one ASAP. My beautiful Bonita, you charm me.
I am currently on strike because Mom ran out of greens and has not seen fit to run to the store immediately to remedy this oversight. Shame Mom (bunny slave).
~Rabbie Burns, aka Mr Gravey